When you are using the best humidifier you have ever had to help relieve unpleasant symptoms of allergies triggered by dry air, such as scratchy nasal passages or throat or hot, sore skin or eczema, look out for any errors that you may create in your unit’s treatment and usage. You should obey the directions for using and holding your humidifier from every manufacturer; otherwise, the device can intensify or trigger new symptoms for allergy sufferers. Here are the five most common errors people make while using the humidifier that you should be mindful of and seek to stop it.
Ignoring Humidity Levels in Your Home: Just placed, humidity is the water vapour content in your indoor air. And, when humidity is out of balance, the amount of humidity in your indoor air will either improve your allergy symptoms or worsen them. According to the Environmental Protection Authority, in the summer you can maintain humidity below 60%, and preferably between 25% and 40% relative humidity in the winter. Although several styles of humidifiers come with an incorporated humidistat to determine relative humidity, you may also buy a separate humidity or humidity meter, technically named a hygrometer to more precisely monitor and test the relative humidity indoors.
Letting Humidity Rates Increase Too High: Look out if it increases past appropriate levels along with maintaining humidity constant, because although a little humidity can boost your allergy symptoms, increased moisture levels will potentially make allergy symptoms even worse. It is mainly the case if severe, established allergies to dust mites, moulds, and mildew are present. Lower relative indoor humidity levels allow your home to expand, generate, and flourish all three of these recognized allergens. Check the humidity and decrease it automatically if the air sounds exceptionally warm and sticky, curtains and pillows sound humid, or condensation builds up on windows or window sills, both suggesting that the humidity in the space is too high. In reality, at humidity levels between 40 and 50%, dust mites die. Therefore, if you have a problem with dust mite, mould, or mildew disease, test the moisture rates periodically and don’t let the moisture increase past 40 percent.
Neglecting to Clean the Humidifier Well enough: Because you breathe the air that is contaminated by your humidifier, you have to obey the explicit instructions of the supplier for how to clean and repair the device most effectively. When you do not clean filters and tanks as often, and in the exact manner defined by the maker, the device will expand and develop mould, mildew and even bacteria and then spray these allergens along with the mist into your air. The dirty mist will much aggravate any symptoms of allergy, so make sure to clean your device as advised by the manufacturer.
Using Tap Water in Your Humidifier: If you fill the machine with unfiltered tap water, this produces a “white dust” mineral deposit throughout the space and in the reservoir, despite the manufacturer’s instructions. Such mineral deposits will stimulate bacterial growth in the humidifier, and when they are disbursed into the air, you can often breathe such. Manufacturers may determine to load the tank with bottled, demineralised or filtered water for such applications, or use a container or pump for water demineralization. Do not use tap water against the orders of the supplier to prevent exacerbating allergies due to contaminants in the water, and build up in the machine.
Letting Water Stay in Your Unit: Always enable water to stay between uses in the unit for days, because a film can grow on top that will propagate bacteria in the enclosed tank. Just drain the water, and vacuum the tank for one day while not in service or sometimes while skipping. Follow the washing and drying directions of the supplier with hydrogen peroxide or bleach to prevent bacterial growth and then scrub and dry properly and dangerous contaminants can never get emitted into the indoor air.